Friday, February 7, 2014

#lovethesqueeze

If you’re wondering what the pros are doing to gain an edge on the competition, you might be surprised to find that it’s not done on the bike, at the gym, in the pool or on the track. It’s done on the couch. Often while watching TV or surfing the net.  That extra edge comes from quality recovery time spent in the RecoveryBoots every day after hard training.

Recovery Pump has absolutely revolutionized the speed with which athletes can now recover muscle at home and they are wild about the effects it can have on training, including the ability to maintain high volume weeks with less risk of injury.

Instead of training on mega-fatigued legs, the Recovery Pump system forces the body to recover the muscle (much faster than passive rest) so the legs are ready to get out there for another day.  You’re able to push through workouts with less soreness and fatigue and over time you can see how this would effect overall fitness. The body is able to drive harder than it would on a fatigued and sore muscle that was not adequately recovered, therefore making gains in fitness due to adequate recovery of the muscle.

Kelly Williamson has been using the Recovery Pump system for over a year now and has made some serious gains in the time she’s been using the device. Take a few minutes to read her story and find out how she was able to incorporate the RecoveryBoots into her season and come out with some really incredible finishing results:
“After 10 years in the sport of triathlon racing as a professional, I have just completed the most successful season of my career. This season included 2 wins at the 70.3 distance and 2x 2nd place finishes including a PR of 4:12, a 2nd place at Ironman Texas in May (in a time of 9:07, which was a 29 minute PR), and PR’s in two open running races, a 5k in 16:48 and a half marathon in 1:16.59. Additionally, I completed 3 full Ironman events in only my 2nd year of doing Ironman. I started the season in January, completed it in November, and I got through the entire 10 months with zero training injuries.

The season kicked off in January with the USA Half Marathon National Championships, which coincided with my initial regular usage of the Recovery Pump.  I hit my run workouts very hard in January, including demanding sessions such as 10k of track intervals, 8 miles of tempo work and long runs up to 16 miles. I would sit in my recovery boots after each one of my key sessions, regularly, for anywhere from 60-90 minutes. Throughout this month, I not only hit the workouts, but I regularly exceeded the pace goals for each run workout (my goal paces ranged from 5:30-6 min/mile pace for speed and tempo work). I found that while I may come back the day after a hard workout with ‘heavy’ legs, every single time that I needed them to run fast, they were always there for me.

This routine continued for me into February through November, but of course I added into the equation very large bike workouts. A typical big training day looked like a morning swim session, followed by a 2.5-3 hour indoor bike session with 1.5-2 hrs of interval work, or a 3-4 hour outdoor ride in the morning, and finished off with either a speed run workout (such as 800s or 1 mile intervals at 5:20-5:30 pace) or a longer tempo run (6-10 miles at 5:55-6:10 pace). Despite some of the largest training loads I have ever done, I was always able to hit my goal power numbers on the bike and paces on the run; often times exceeding them. My regular Recovery Pump usage included sitting in the boots between my sessions, while also sitting in them for 1-2 hrs after my long bike rides (5-6 hours) and long runs (18-23 miles) on the weekends. It goes without saying, it feels great as well…icing on the cake…literally like a constant, steady pressure massage to the entire legs, from the feet up to the hips.

Being able to handle a higher training load, stay healthy and recover from these workouts allowed me to carry this new level of fitness into my competitions. I was fortunate to achieve the results mentioned above, to race frequently (I raced 6×70.3 events, 3x Ironmans, 1x Olympic distance, 1x Half Marathon and 2x5k’s, all in the span of 10 months), and most importantly remain healthy.

One of the times that the Recovery Pump played the most vital role in my training and recovery was when we spent 6 weeks in Colorado, training at altitude. Since I was without my regular massage therapist (who I see on average once every 1-2 weeks, just to work out tightness’ and potential tweaks, often in my back and shoulders as I deal with scoliosis), I relied on the boots to do the work that the massage had done for me… simply increasing my usage slightly to be sure that they were flushed out as needed. While training in Colorado, I raced Boulder 70.3 and was 2nd, in the middle of my Ironman Hawaii training, while posting the fastest run time by 4 minutes in a 1:21.10.

I give you times, places, etc because in short, I surpassed even what I had expected in the start of the season. I was able to lower my marathon run time in the full Ironman distance from 3:11 down to 3:03. I was able to post a 5:03 bike split at Ironman Arizona, the discipline with which is a constant struggle for me. Sure, hard work reaps success; but to get faster, you must train faster. To train faster, you must remain healthy and recover from each session adequately. I credit my regular, daily usage of the Recovery Pump as a huge reason that I was able to string together a long, successful, and ‘fast’ 2011 racing season. I truly cannot think of a better ‘recovery tool’ out there for anyone who is also training for marathons, triathlons, and more importantly Ironman… injury seems to be the biggest battle that we fight in this sport of repetitive movements and a lot of pounding from running. Additionally, you can use it in the comfort of your own home and it takes all of 2 minutes to set up and start using. I believe that routine usage of the Recovery Pump is a huge reason that I was able to toe the line for 3 Ironmans this year, and to top it off, post a 9:29, 9:12 and 9:07 in each one. I have to say, being in the off-season, I am kind of missing using it regularly! I may need to go and bang out a hard workout just to validate sitting in my boots. I owe a huge thanks to Recovery Pump for helping me put together the best season of my career to date, and I look forward to 2012. ” – Kelly Williamson
Recovery Pump is so confident you will love your Recovery Pump system, we’re offering a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee!

Take the Recovery Challenge-  add the Recovery Pump system to your daily routine and if within 30 days you don’t notice a difference or you’re unhappy in any way, we’ll fully refund you on the system. Contact Hillary Hanson for any questions or Order Now!

READ OUR

No comments:

Post a Comment