Friday, March 7, 2014

Featured Athlete- Tony Spineto Defies the Odds

Tony Spineto came to us in 2012 with pain. After numerous surgeries as a child to correct his condition know as “clubfoot”, Tony’s already overcome some of his biggest hurdles and has since accomplished things as an Ironman athlete the Doctors thought impossible. Due to his condition, Tony suffers from pain greater than your typical athlete.  His intense training sessions cause chronic pain in his feet, calves, thighs and hips- pain that’s had Tony rely on medication on a daily basis.  When Tony approached us about using the RecoveryPump to help reduce soreness, swelling and muscle fatigue we knew we’d be able to help.

If you’re looking for inspiration, read Tony’s story below. We’re thrilled to hear he’s had such success with the RecoveryPump and can’t wait to see what 2013 has in store for him!

Tony & his son, who is also undergoing surgeries to correct his Clubfoot

 “I am a disabled athlete born with a rare foot deformity called  congenital talipes equinovarus, clubfoot. At birth both my feet where twisted backwards up into my torso. I had multiple surgeries that  did little to correct the deformity. The surgery made my feet look more cosmetically appealing if anything. My parents where told that I would be limited in any kind of movement let alone play sports. As a disabled Ironman athlete I am challenged with chronic pain in my feet, calves, thighs and hips. After each training session and racing Ironman events I need something more than convention medication to help me recover quickly. I started using RecoveryPump this year. I have noticed significant  changes in my pain and swelling after training and especially racing. I finished Ironman Arizona  this year and was impressed with how quickly I recovered using the RecoveryPump. In just a few short days I was up doing easy runs and cycling and it has been vital to my recovery and pain management.”

“I use the system twice a day before and after each training session. My favorite use of the RecoveryPump is to do a 45 minute session before my long runs so my legs and feet feel fresh and ready to go. Without RecoveryPump I would rely on pain medications to get me through the day so I’m thrilled to have something aid in my muscle recovery the natural way. Recovery Pump has provided the care I need for a quick recovery and solid race performance despite my physical limitations.” 

Follow Tony as he defies the odds:
www.clubfootathlete.com
www.twitter.com/tonyspineto
www.facebook.com/clubfootathlete

No comments:

Post a Comment